4 in stock
Mama Tea from The Breastfeeding Tea Co
This Lactation Tea is a loose-leaf tea designed for breastfeeding mums to help support lactation and milk supply. In a recent survey done by the Breastfeeding Tea Co, 92.5% of customers said they would recommend this tea to friends looking for lactation support. Suitable for mum to drink from birth.
- 100% natural
- 50 serves
- Can be added to any of our boutique baby hampers
- Caffeine free
- Hand blended
- Australian Owned
- Made by Mother Nature
Goats Rue, Blessed Thistle, Nettle , Vervain, Lemongrass, Hibiscus, Rose and Rosehip
- Goats Rue – Traditionally Goats Rue was considered to be a potent galactagogue (increases milk production) and Goats Rue has a long history of use for this purpose. It has been shown to increase milk output by up to 50% in some cases (Hoffman, The New Holistic Herbal).
- Blessed Thistle – Traditionally Blessed or Holy Thistle was seen as a cure-all for anything – it was highly valued. Today, Blessed Thistle is primarily used for lactating mothers to improve milk supply and is considered to be one of the best herbs to do this. Its other properties include a long history of use for gas, constipation and stomach pain and in a 2015 study, as a member of the Asteraceae family of plants, it was found to also possess some anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Nettle – Traditionally used as a galactagogue for nursing mothers, Nettle also has a strengthening and supporting role in the body. It does contain some iron and is often used by herbalists as a tonic herb to both nourish and balance energy after childbirth. It combines well with Goats Rue and Blessed Thistle to promote the flow of breast milk for lactating mothers.
- Vervain – A nervous system tonic that supports milk flow, it also strengthens the nervous system and at the same time relaxes tension. It has properties that help the digestive system when you’re stressed or under pressure. The gut is very affected by stress or depression, making Vervain a perfect herb to choose
- Lemongrass – Supports milk flow and digestion. It also promotes lymph flow (very important in the removal of wastes and toxins) is anti-inflammatory and calming.
- Hibiscus – contains vitamin C, minerals and anthocyanins (antioxidants), and has been shown to help reduce inflammation and stress.
- Rose – Helps anxiety (calming), skin conditions and great for viral infections. Its calming properties work well in this formula.
- Rosehip – Essentially a calming tonic rich in vitamins and antioxidants. It is an excellent spleen/stomach and adrenal tonic – organs which tend to be affected by childbirth, lack of sleep and breastfeeding.
( note this tea does not contain fenugreek).
This is a loose leaf tea and will require an infuser.
Drink 1 cup a day for a mild effect, up to 3 cups a day for full effect. Can be drunk hot or chilled after brewing.
SERVES – LOOSE LEAF
50g = approximately 50 serves
One serve is equivalent to one teaspoon
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or specific requests. Always happy to help!